MAS320: June 8 2017 - Live Masterclass - Timekeeping Workshop
The Live Online Masterclass from 6-8-17, which was a comprehensive set of exercises for the beginning to intermediate player looking to improve their timing and internal sense of rhythm. Topics such as subdivisions, phrasing, note duration, and dynamics were discussed in detail and applied to application-oriented exercises. A great primer course for those looking play with more confidence and assertiveness on stage or in the studio.
- Internalization of timing
- Subdividing for greater accuracy
- How dynamics can influence timing
- How note durations can influence timing
- Varying tempos for greater challenges
- Playing subdivisions within a single pulse